I rescheduled this week's squat workout for tomorrow because last night I managed to anger my back by lying the wrong way on the floor, and when I woke up this morning (not on the floor) it still hurt to walk. I'm pretty much back to normal now. I'm not sure what the mechanism is for something that makes all movement a misery for 18 hours or so and then resolves, but my uneducated suspicion is that the SI joint is involved. That or mental illness. Probably both.
The thing that sucks the most about hurting yourself lying on the floor is getting up. In my case, I got to explore what means of getting to my feet and up the stairs would be least damaging to body and dignity while my SO looked on, eager to help but really not capable of doing so. I guess that's a relationship milestone: the first time you watch your sweetie writhe on the floor like a moron.
One good thing about it all is that I haven't had one of the multi-week ordeals of back pain that seem to be more related to my original injury in over 5 months now. So I feel pretty good that my training may have helped me finally get over the hump on that issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment