Hello, sadly neglected blog.
I haven't been inspired to write too much this month because so much time was dedicated to shoulder rehab and many of my favorite activities have been off-limits in the gym. Band external shoulder rotation moves and new stretches have been extremely effective, but not very interesting blog post fodder. Fortunately, last week saw my return to overhead movements, and this week I will be learning snatch progressions, whee!
While the shoulder was healing, the front squat cycle continued as per usual, and this week was max testing. My new front squat max:
77kg!
I unracked 78kg and started to squat when I lost my nerve, mostly because I felt a little light-headed. It's the first day of Shark Week, which may have contributed, but most likely I just didn't breathe properly. I would have taken another shot at it, but I was already running out of time. It's extremely frustrating sometimes to have a limited slot of gym time vs. the freedom to stay until the job is done.
Another thing that happened over the last 3 weeks is that I
returned to ice hockey. I play on a Saturday night league, and I've
noticed a little leg tiredness on Mondays. This week was particularly tiredness-inducing because my team was super-shorthanded, with only 8 skaters. I had expected it to take a toll on this front squat max, and maybe it did, but it's hard to tell. 77kg is proportional to my back squat max, but it didn't feel like it was as hard as I'd expect a "real" 1RM max to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment